These Grasshopper Bars are great in so many ways.
– Chocolate Mint
First of all, they are chocolate mint, and chocolate and mint are just about the best combination out there, in my humble opinion.
– No Bake
Second, they are a no bake recipe. And that’s not only great during the summer months — that’s great for all year round, ’cause it makes for a fast, easy recipe. Always good in my book!
– Low carb
Great for helping you keep your carb intake down.
With so many being allergic or sensitive to dairy, this is a huge plus
– AIP (autoimmune protocol) diet
These even can fit the AIP Diet, so they are the perfect dessert recipe for almost any special diet. It’s hard to find recipes that work so well for so many special diets.
If you’re on the AIP diet, this grouping of Easy AIP desserts should help.
Fifth, they are loaded with healthy ingredients, so you can feel good eating this yourself, or serving this treat anytime to your family and friends, knowing that you are feeding them real nutrition.
These grasshopper bars are loaded with:
Coconut – full of antioxidants and healthy fats
Coconut Oil – antifungal, healthy fats, and a great energy source
Avocado – antioxidants, cardiovascular support, helps with satiety (feeling full)
Cocoa – antioxidant source, good source of magnesium, cardiovascular support. Of course, cocoa does have stimulants, so carob is a better alternative if you are sensitive to that.
I don’t know about you, but I’m craving these bars now!
By the way, any of the following links may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and helps keep this free resource up and running.
These bars taste great just out of the fridge or the freezer.
Of course, they don’t travel well in very warm weather, but you could use a freezer bag to take to a special occasion.
You could also drizzle some of these melted White Chocolate Chips on top for a special treat. Just melt over low heat, place in a plastic bag, cut a small hole in a corner and squirt out as you would from an icing bag. Of course, you can use an icing bag as well.
Whatever way you choose to eat them, enjoy the healthful goodness.
- 2 Hass avocados
- ½ cup sweetener (for low carb use ½ cup xylitol)
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 scoops stevia (approx 3/16 tsp. Use coconut sugar for AIP.)
- 4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅜ tsp peppermint extract, or 9 drops peppermint essential oil (I recommend Rocky Mountain Oils. You can ready why here.)
- ¼ tsp salt (I recommend Real Salt.)
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- Mint Layer
- Lightly grease an 8x8 pan.
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender (such as a Blendtec or Vitamix) or a food processor. Process until blended. If you prefer the texture of coconut in the finished result, do not process completely.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and place in freezer.
- Chocolate Layer
- In small saucepan, melt coconut oil and sweetener over low heat.
- Remove from heat, add in remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Pour over chilled bottom layer. Return to the freezer until the chocolate layer is solid.
- Cut into bars
- Store covered in the refrigerator or freezer.