If you’re anything like me, your dollars are getting pinched more and more as our economy struggles, so I am always looking for ways to save money and stretch what we have a little further — without stressing me out too much.
A few weeks ago I shared how you can Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards just by doing what you already do – searching the internet.
Well, today I am sharing another money-saving tip that has helped with our family budget — while doing something that we do regularly.
Ebates is a site that allows you to earn money while shopping online.
And it is a breeze to use it and it is not a scam. I’ve been using Ebates for about a year and a half now and have been very please with the results.
How to Make Money Shopping Online with Ebates
1. Go to Ebates
2. Sign up for an account
3. The next time that you have to buy something online:
- go to Ebates first,
- log into your account
- see if they have a rebate offer (and what the rebates percentage is) for that company by typing the name of the online site in their search bar.
- if they do, select that company and Ebates takes you right to the site that you want to shop at. There’s nothing else to do! Your rebates earnings will automatically be added to your account and Ebates will send you a check quarterly!
- Some online vendor deals won’t work if you are shopping through Ebates or other “online shopping rebate” companies. Basically, you are getting a “deal” by going through their site, so you can’t get both. Figure out which deal is better and use that one!
- If you return items that you bought through Ebates, you might get the rebate amount deducted from your account. That just makes sense. I haven’t kept track of this, but the rules state that this might happen.
- You can even put things in your shopping cart on the online site that you plan to use before you go to Ebates. After you log into Ebates, your online shopping cart should be the same as it was already if it is still saved.
Now, just like I shared in my post on Inflation – One Way to Beat It, this is not intended to be license to spend money that you shouldn’t or to rack up credit card bills.
And of course, not buying things that we don’t need is the best way to save money of all .
It just makes sense that if you are going to be buying something online, then you may as well get something back for doing it. Makes sense, right?
It sure feels nice when I get a surprise check in my mailbox to help with the monthly budget!
How about you? Do you have another easy money saving tip?
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.