Over the past four months or so, I've shared with you all on Facebook a number of times that my son has been dealing with pretty severe anxiety. And you all have been very helpful offering recommendations. Thank you! If you haven't “liked” Whole New Mom on Facebook, please do join us. It's a very supportive community over there.
You see, my son suffers from Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism. And Asperger's almost always comingles (goes together) with anxiety.
Over the past 5 months, his anxiety has increased to the point of being well—really bad. Mainly it's been anxiety about his life threatening food allergies.
It's been hard some days to handle it.
To wonder if we can keep going.
To wonder if he'll get better.
Over the years, we're tried a lot of things to heal my son. You can read more about it in Natural Autism Healing and the Best Therapy of All.
We've tried a lot of things to help his anxiety, and are working closely with our practitioner to manage his stress.
We've tried / are trying the following:
Natural Anxiety Remedies
- 5 HTP (partnered with B6)
- L-Taurine (this really seems to help)
- Essential Oils (dabbling with doTERRA's Serenity and Patchouli mainly)
- Salvia and Amber (a Chinese Herb blend recommended for anxiety and insomnia)
- hugs and encouragement (though I must admit that it can be hard to do this when mom is really stressed out from all of the incessant questions about the things he is anxious about :-))
We've been working with a practitioner for about 1 1/2 years now.
And copper causes anxiety (amongst other things.)
- well, fireworks–not really.