Women should NEVER have to sacrifice safety in the name of beauty.
For years, I used a combination of regular “drug store brand” cosmetics and a few higher end beauty products.
I was pretty happy with what I was using…….but I had NO idea that what I was putting on my skin might be dangerous to my health.
I found out otherwise.
In fact, most of the ingredients in personal care products have NEVER been tested for safety.
Some of my cosmetics were hard to ditch. Like foundation and mascara.
I tried practically every clean mascara on the market — and looked like a raccoon by noon. And foundation? It's hard to find one that's clean and looks natural. And making my own foundation and mascara just isn't going to happen.
Plus, even if I could make a good product, I don't always have time to make things—and even DIY color cosmetics can have heavy metals in them, so I started looking for a brand that I loved and that I could trust. And I found that in Beautycounter.
Did you know……
- The US has not passed a federal law regulating the cosmetic industry since 1938
- The Food and Drug Administration does not require that cosmetics ingredients or products be approved before they go on the market, and FDA has no power to recall a product from the market
- The European Union has banned nearly 1400 ingredients from cosmetics and personal care products
- The US has only banned or restricted 11 ingredients from cosmetics and personal care products
- More than 85,000 chemicals are registered for use in commerce, and about 10,500 are used in the cosmetics industry
- Women use an average of 12 personal care products containing 168 ingredients every day
- Men use about 6 personal care products containing 85 unique ingredients every day
- Teenage girls use an average of 17 personal care products a day
- Scientific studies over the past 40 years have suggested that exposure to toxic chemicals plays a role in the incidence and prevalence of many diseases and disorders in the US
First, go to the Environmental Working Group and see how YOUR personal care products and makeup rate for safety. Some of mine were terrible!
The higher the number, the more dangerous are the products.
Then go here to read the Never List — the list of ingredients that will NEVER be in Beautycounter's products.
The NEVER LIST
Beautycounter, has banned more than 1,500 ingredients setting a new health and safety standard— all while ensuring their products perform, and that they're as indulgent as any luxe shampoo, lipstick or oil in the market. I didn’t only fall in love with Beautycounter because their products are safe and high performing, but when possible, I want to work with companies that are working towards real change. Beautycounter is dedicated to making changes on the legislative level and creating a safe skin care movement.
They are taking action in Washington and working to reform the current laws, in hopes that other skin care companies will follow their strict safety guidelines. They also work very closely to support 3 non-profit organizations that are doing great work to reduce our amount of chemical exposure. For your convenience, you can go here to print out your own “Carry With You Never List” for easy reference when shopping.
It’s time to change your skincare and beauty routine.
Watch this short video to learn why I am so proud to be a part of this company.
There are 3 ways to get involved with Beautycounter
Become a customer and start swapping out your beauty products and cosmetics to safe, non-toxic versions from Beautycounter.
Consumer demand WILL change the marketplace.