Applesauce Bran Muffins
These easy applesauce bran muffins are moist and delicious and not too sweet. It's an easy recipe with gluten-free and vegan options.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (or whole grain gluten-free blend of your choice. Use almond flour for low carb)
- 1 cup rice bran (toasted)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg (large--or substitute--see notes)
- 1/2 cup xylitol (or substitute--see notes)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened; use coconut oil or butter for a lower-carb version)
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute)
Mix first set of ingredients (flour through raisins) together. Mix second set of ingredients (egg through milk). Add dry ingredients to wet. Drop into 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle topping evenly over all.
Bake in 350-degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until centers test dry with a knife or cake tester.