Gourmet Cranberry Buckwheat Granola Recipe
This Gourmet Cranberry Buckwheat Granola is made with sprouted buckwheat and flavored with coconut, pistachios, cacao, and cinnamon. It's simple to make for the perfect gluten-free healthful breakfast that tastes like a gourmet treat!
- 5 cups buckwheat
- 1 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (preferably soaked and dried--substitute other nut or seed, if needed)
- 1 cup coconut (flaked, unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or use the juice of 1 orange)
- 2-3 Tbsp orange zest (about the zest of 1 orange)
Combine all ingredients in a baking pan and place it in an oven on low-medium heat (approximately 250 Fahrenheit or 120 Celsius). After 45 minutes give it a good stir and check to see how crunchy the buckwheat is. If you are using sprouted buckwheat it may take up to two hours before it has fully dried out, but do check it frequently towards the end and stir the granola every so often to avoid it catching.
Alternatively, spread the granola mix out on dehydrator sheets. It will take approximately 10-12 hours on a medium setting to become completely crisp.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg