Spiced Whipped Paleo Coconut Milk Pudding (Dairy-Free Whipped Cream Substitute)
This Whipped Coconut Pudding has 2 versions - with and without spices. The plain version doubles as a dairy-free whipped cream substitute!
- 1 cup additive-free coconut milk
- 4 tsp gelatin (use agar-agar for vegan option)
- 1 Tbsp honey (see notes above for alternatives)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (for spiced version only)
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (use cinnamon for AIP--optional; for spiced version only)
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (omit for AIP--optional; for spiced version only)
In a small bowl, stir together ¼ cup coconut milk and the gelatin. This ensures the gelatin dissolves without clumps.
Heat the remaining coconut milk in a small saucepan. When simmering, whisk in the softened gelatin mixture. Whisk until dissolved.
Place in the fridge until set, at least 4 hours.
When gelatin is set, scoop it out into a food processor or blender.
Add the sweetener of your choice and the spices. Pureé until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
Taste and adjust sweetener/spices, if needed.