Homemade Chocolate or Carob Bar
This Homemade Chocolate Bar is a simple way to satisfy your chocolate craving in a healthier way.
- 8 Tbsp coconut oil (organic palm oil works well too, as well as butter)
- 8 Tbsp almond butter (any nut or seed butter would work)
- 1/2 cup xylitol (see Recipe Notes)
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder (or carob)
- 9 tsp honey (see Recipe Notes)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Melt coconut oil and almond butter over a simmer. Continuously stir until it slightly thickens, then remove from heat. Stir in the liquid sweetener and vanilla.
Stir in cocoa or carob, sifting first for better blending results.
Stir in powdered sweetener, continuing to stir until the mixture slightly thickens.
Add liquid sweetener and vanilla.
Remove from heat.
Pour the mixture into an 8x8 pan and place in fridge or freezer to harden.
Variation: Add ½ cup shredded coconut
or chopped nuts or seeds after removing from heat.