5-Ingredient Easy Biscuit Recipe (gluten free and vegan options)
Servings: 42 biscuits
This Easy Drop Biscuits Recipe is gluten-free & vegan and full of healthy whole grains--fabulous for most any special diet.
- 4 cups whole grain flour (we use GF flour)
- 5 tsp baking powder (6 1/4 baking powder if using GF flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda (1 1/4 if using GF flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk (or DIY vegan option--see above notes)
- 3 Tbsp oil (I like to use coconut oil, melted)
Add all dry ingredients to a bowl. Mix well.
Combine milk mixture (or buttermilk) and oil.
Add wets to dries and stir until just mixed and then beat another 10 strokes.
Drop large golf-ball sized balls of dough onto a baking stone or cookie sheet, at least 2" apart.
Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly-browned.