Whole New Mom - https://wholenewmom.com
5-Ingredient Easy Biscuit Recipe (gluten free and vegan options)
Servings: 42 biscuits
This Easy Drop Biscuits Recipe is gluten-free & vegan and full of healthy whole grains--fabulous for most any special diet.
- 4 cups whole grain flour (we use GF flour)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder (6 1/4 baking powder if using GF flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (1 1/4 if using GF flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk (or DIY vegan option--see above notes)
- 3 tablespoons oil (I like to use coconut oil, melted)
Add all dry ingredients to a bowl. Mix well.
Combine milk mixture (or buttermilk) and oil.
Add wets to dries and stir until just mixed and then beat another 10 strokes.
Drop large golf-ball sized balls of dough onto a baking stone or cookie sheet, at least 2" apart.
Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly-browned.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 7g