Homemade "Jello" Gelatin (sugar-free option)
Make this Homemade JELLO at home and ditch the boxed mix. Sugar-free with nourishing ingredients. Tastes great too!
- 3 Tbsp gelatin (granulated - 3 packets)
- 3/4 cup xylitol (see above for alternatives)
- 3/8 tsp stevia extract (see substitutions above)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water (juice could be substituted)
- 3 cups cold water (divided--juice can be substituted)
- 1 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind (optional)
Soften gelatin by soaking in 1 1/2 cups of the cold water (or juice) for a few minutes.
Add boiling water (or juice) and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
Add remaining ingredients (including the other 1 1/2 cups cold water), stirring until thoroughly blended.
Pour into 2 8x8 baking pans.
Refrigerate until set.
Store covered in fridge.
Calories: 67.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.2g | Protein: 2.4g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 14.7mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 0.5g | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 10mg