Creamy Root Vegetable Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 cups
This creamy root vegetable soup is both comforting and nourishing! You wouldn't know it's paleo, low carb, dairy-free, gluten-free, and AIP friendly!
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 onion (medium; chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 apples (approx 1 1/2 cups; peeled & diced--use chayote squash for low carb)
- 1 1/2 cups celery root (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup parsnip (peeled & diced--use turnip for low carb)
- 1 cup Japanese sweet potato (peeled & diced--see notes for low carb)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups homemade stock
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
Preheat a large stockpot over medium heat.
Add fat and let it heat a bit.
Saute onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add garlic, cook for one minute and add all diced root vegetables. Saute until starting to soften, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the water, stock, oregano, and salt.
Bring to a simmer and cook until all root vegetables are fork tender.
Using a blender or food processor, puree the soup along with the coconut milk until smooth. Taste and add additional salt if desired. (Note from Adrienne: This is my favorite stick blender!)