Vegan Mocha Chip Ice Cream (dairy, sugar, and coconut free)
Vegan Ice Cream - sugar free! This yummy coffee and chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips is made with a cashew base, but adaptable for allergies. Full of healthy goodness.
- 2 cups cashews (soaked and drained)
- 6 medjool dates (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coffee (use strong coffee)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5/8-4/3 tsp liquid stevia (or 20-40 drops; to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-3 Tbsp MCT oil (optional - for creaminess)
- 1 Tbsp gelatin (or arrowroot; optional - as thickener)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
Soak cashews in water (cover by about an inch) and let sit covered with a kitchen towel for 4-6 hours. Drain.
Place all ingredients except chocolate chips, if using, in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth (if using gelatin, let it dissolve in water before adding it to the other ingredients).
Pour mixture into ice cream maker bowl and follow manufacturers directions.
Add the chocolate chips, if using. (I usually add them as soon as the mixture begins to show signs of freezing in the ice cream maker--about 7 minutes after the machine starts processing).