Dairy-Free Quiche with Easy Quinoa Crust ~ gluten free w/ grain-free option
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
This Dairy-Free Quiche is loaded with Broccoli and Veggies in a Quinoa Crust. It's an easy make ahead meal that's sure to please!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (soaked and/or sprouted if possible. Note 1 cup dry= about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour (eg. oat, buckwheat, quinoa)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt (I used 1/2 tsp for a saltier crust)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli (cut into small pieces - about 1-2” pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup hemp milk
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/4 white onion (diced)
- 5 eggs
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9” pie plate.
Mix all ingredients for the crust together.
Press crust mixture into pie plate.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Saute broccoli, bell peppers and onion in a cast iron skillet or frying pan in about a tsp of oil.(I saute each veggie separately as I like them cooked to different degrees. I cook my broccoli until the edges are just browned, pepper just slightly, so they still have some bite, about 1 -2 minutes, and onion until slightly browned.
Place vegetables into the crust.
Beat together the eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl.
Pour egg mixture over veggies.
Bake 25-30 minutes, until an inserted knife comes out clean.