Easy Chocolate Avocado Truffles with a Kick - paleo & vegan
Servings: 12 truffles
This paleo & vegan easy healthy chocolate avocado truffle recipe is sure to become a favorite in your home. Warning - they are quite addictive!
- 1 large ripe avocado (each approx. 4 inches in height~7 ounces)
- 3/8 cup coconut butter
- 3/8 cup cocoa (see notes for carob sub information)
- 3 Tbsp powdered coconut sugar (use xylitol, erythritol, or another low-carb sweetener for keto / low-carb)
- 3/32 tsp pure stevia extract (or 3 scoops)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 dashes cayenne (optional - omit for AIP)
- Toppings (crushed pumpkin seeds, coconut, cocoa, powdered sweetener, etc.)
Place all ingredients in a food processor.
Process until well mixed.
Place in a bowl in the refrigerator until fairly firm (approx. 40 min), or alternatively use the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
Using a small cookie scoop or melon baller, scoop out balls of the avocado mixture and roll into balls.
Roll the balls into desired topping.
Refrigerate or freeze any remaining truffles for later.
Carbohydrates: 6.2g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 8.1g | Saturated Fat: 4.9g | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 2.1g | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg