Soft Gluten-free Pumpkin Cookies (vegan w/ gluten and sugar-free options)
These Soft Pumpkin Cookies are gluten free, vegan, and sugar free. Perfect for fall or all year round. The perfect allergy-free cookie.
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or other healthy fat, melted)
- 1/4 cup xylitol (see Recipe Notes for sweetener alternatives)
- 1 Tbsp orange flavoring or extract (try Nielsen-Massey or Frontier Flavor)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (use almond flour for low-carb, tiger nut flour for AIP - see notes above)
- 3-4 scoops stevia extract (each scoop is 1/32 tsp)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped or ground nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375. Combine pumpkin, oil, sweetener, and orange flavoring in a medium bowl.
Add flour, baking soda, & seasonings. Mix just 'til combined.
Fold in nuts if using.
Make spoonfuls or scoops with a 2 Tbsp muffin scoop. If desired, roll in a bit of granulated sweetener before baking. You get a really nice "punch" of sweetness without adding a lot of sweetener when you coat cookies rather than adding more to the batter. :-P.
Place spoonfuls or scoops on a baking sheet (the scoops result in a cookie that really resembles the Enjoy Life ones :-)).
Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. They will harden a bit as they cool, but will still be nice and soft.