Easy Homemade Ketchup - sugar free and low-carb options
With this Easy Ketchup Recipe you can ditch the High-Fructose Corn Syrup, loads of sugar, and suspicious "natural flavors" of the store bought brands.
- 7 oz tomato paste (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp xylitol (or to taste - use 1/2 T honey for paleo)
- 1 drop stevia (1/64 tsp - 1/2 scoop; or to taste; see stevia usage info here)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp granulated garlic (if using powder, use 3/8 tsp)
- 3/4 tsp granulated onion (if using powder, use 3/8 tsp)
- 3/16 tsp allspice
- 1/2 Tbsp molasses (optional. I used blackstrap)
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2/3 cup water
Place all ingredients in a bowl.
Stir to blend completely.
Store in the refrigerator.