Egg Roll in a Bowl - low carb, gluten free, AIP option
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
This Healthy Egg Roll in a Bowl has all of the great flavor of Egg Rolls, but it's an Easy One Pan Meal without the grain wrapper!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (turkey or chicken or game meat may also be used)
- 2 med onions (finely chopped / minced)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unrefined sesame oil (use another oil for AIP)
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger (powdered)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp garlic granules (or 4 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/16 tsp stevia extract (optional - substituting with another sweetener will work as well)
- 1/2 Tbsp crushed red pepper (optional. Omit for AIP)
- 2 Tbsp white wine (omit or substitute more broth for AIP)
- 1/3 cup beef broth (see vegan option above)
- 9 cups shredded cabbage (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 4 tsp tamari (or to taste - see substitute options above)
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
Place meat in large pan and cook until browned.
On medium high heat, add the onions and sesame oil. Cook until lightly browned.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add spices, sweetener, red pepper, wine, and broth to the pan and stir well.
Add the cabbage and stir to coat.
Cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage slightly wilts.
Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add tamari to taste and adjust flavorings as desired.
Serve plain or over rice or cauliflower rice.
Garnish with green onions if desired.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.2g | Protein: 37.1g | Fat: 10.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.2g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 805mg | Fiber: 4.2g | Sugar: 6.4g | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 123%