It was something that sounded like a great idea to me:
- Savings of up to 60% on organic and non-GMO foods
- Free delivery option right to your door (for orders of $99 or more)
- Great product offerings– they are already delivering organic produce to the west coast, are expanding that, and hope to offer meat, eggs and poultry in the near future.
At the time I was promoting it, the offerings weren't even there yet, and the website wasn't functional.
I was putting my reputation on the line, but I really thought it was going to be a good thing.
Like other things, I investigated the Green Polka Dot Box a lot.
You know I really like to dig down into things, right? Like my series on essential oils?
Anyway, let's just say I poked around on the internet a lot, made a lot of calls and sent a lot of emails.
And since 12/11, the Green Polka Dot Box has been a real winner.
I really have been able to get great products at a great price – and I feel great about the company.
- Great prices
- Great customer service (there have been a few bumps along the way, and each time they have made it right)
- Integrity (they've even taken a loss on products that they offered that turned out to not be non-GMO)
- Great product offerings with more coming all the time
And today, I am pleased to offer to one of my readers, a one year membership to the Green Polka Dot Box.
Membership, you say? Yes – they are like the online organic and non-GMO Costco.
Typically the memberships are $50, so this is a great deal.
There are some really good prices at the Green Polka Dot Box. And sometimes they have special offers that make their prices even more amazing. Like one month, they had these Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips for only $.99. We almost never buy processed foods, but at that price I snagged quite a few bags :-)!
Just to give you an idea of how much you can save (and so you can see that the membership fee is for sure worth it, here are a few quick comparisons of Green Polka Dot Box vs. Amazon's prices and at times I'll check another vendor.
1. Lundberg Organic Short Grain Brown Rice.
- Amazon Price: $3.46 per pound, and you need to purchase 6-2 pound bags.
- Green Polka Dot Box: $1.43 per pound. You only have to purchase a 2 pound bag!
- Vitacost: Not available
2. Almond Breeze Almond Milk. Unsweetened Original, 32 oz.
Now, I totally recommend that you save money and the environment by making the Easiest Almond Milk Ever, but if you are still wanting to buy it….
- On Amazon,$3.98 per carton, and you need to purchase 12!
- Green Polka Dot Box: Regularly only $1.94. On sale now for $1.29!! And you only have to purchase 1!
- Vitacost: $2.43 per box.
3. Bionaturae Organic Canned Tomatoes (more on BPA in these cans….But let me assure you that I researched this and am very comfortable with this option. I'll fill you in more later in a post!)
- Amazon: $3.06 per can –must purchase 12.
- Green Polka Dot Box: $2.59 per can.
- Vitacost: $2.95
4. If you prefer, you can get Bionaturae Strained Tomatoes and have no BPA at all.
- Amazon: Not available
- Green Polka Dot Box: $3.16 per bottle
- Vitacost: $3.29
- Amazon: $10.36 per bottle and you need to purchase 6 of them to get that price!
- At Green Polka Dot Box, it's only $5.29 per bottle (it's on sale, but their regular price is only $5.50)
- Vitacost: Not available
Now–don't get me wrong. I love Amazon and Vitacost and I regularly shop at both. I'm just saying that adding Green Polka Dot Box to your arsenal of low price shopping options is a great idea. It has been for us.
Some of the products that I purchase regularly are:
- Bionaturae Tomatoe Paste
- Bionaturae Diced Tomatoes
- Bionaturae Crushed Tomatoes
- Lundberg Organic Brown Rice
- Lundberg Organic Brown Basmati
- Nielsen Massey Almond Extract
- seeds from Southern Seed Exchange
- Spectrum Palm Shortening
- Pamela's Baking Mix
- Once Again Almond Butter (Of course, I recommend Making Your Own Almond Butter, but I've heard that this brand is great!)
And if you don't win, there may be more where this came from–and you can get a FREE 30 DAY MEMBERSHIP to try out the Green Polka Dot Box right now! I think you'll like what you see.
How to enter:
1. First, make sure that you are subscribed to my email blog feed. This is mandatory for entering! I don't mean to be “demanding”, but I really want to reward loyal readers with nice goodies like this. And believe me, I've got some really great giveaways lined up so it's worth it to stay connected here!
- In the Rafflecopter Giveaway Widget, where it talks about my email feed, just state that you've “done it”.
- Make sure that you enter the contest with the email address that my feed is being sent to. Otherwise, I can't tell that you've subscribed!
- Here's how to subscribe if you haven't already:
2. First, see the price of Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour by clicking on this image.
- Second, see the price at Green Polka Dot Box.
- Third, tell me the price difference in the comments! (UPDATE: The Amazon price lowered since writing this post, but there's a $4.99 shipping fee associated with getting it this cheap. I'll try to update the post if I can :-).)
a Rafflecopter giveaway