I know – I'm not a deal blogger, but I do write about whole foods and frugality and special diets so this post really fits the bill.
I've long had my eye on these pasta slicers / spiral slicers.
I'm always trying to work veggies into our diets and the more variety of options that I have–the better.
And to be able to make pasta without eating more grains? I love the idea.
This Groupon deal actually came at the perfect time.
Just earlier this week I saw this delectable recipe for Springtime Creamy Pesto Pasta by Against All Grain, and I thought, “Gee – I really would love one of those vegetable spiral slicers.”
(Doesn't that look amazing?! Almost enough to make anyone want to go grain free! And the sauce is dairy-free too:-)!)
And then–low and behold, guess what came in my inbox?
This great Groupon deal on a slicer.
I've mentioned in previous posts that I am trying to go grain free (or at least as grain free as possible.)
The great “grain or no grain” debate is all over the internet.
I'm not sure where I fall on the spectrum yet, but I do think that limiting carbs can be a great way to improve one's health and weight.
But trying to limit carbs and still make meals interesting and delicious can be a little bit of a challenge.
One thing I think is crucial in a healthy, whole foods, special diet kitchen is quality tools to make mealtimes
- attractive and delicious
So when I saw this deal I knew I needed to grab it for myself.
And I figured I should share the savings with all of you.
I'm thinking I'll be making:
- zucchini noodles
- thin apple slices for eating or dehydrating
- thin spirals from cucumber
- thin potato slices (for homemade potato chips, fried or baked)
- if you know Japanese cuisine, Japanese daikon spirals would work great too!
Until midnight on Monday, April 9, 2012, you can save 51% on this Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer with today's Groupon Deal.
Want to get in on the savings? Here's how you too can get this great tool to add more veggies to your diet:
You can read all of the pertinent info by clicking on this link: 51% Off Vegetable Slicer, but here is the short and sweet info:
By purchasing this Groupon, you pay $24 for this slicer that typically sells for $49.88.
How To Get the Deal
If you are not yet a member of Groupon:
1. Go to Groupon.
2. Sign up with Groupon.
4. Purchase your Groupon and that's it!
And if you are already a member of Groupon:
1. Go to the Vegetable Slicer Deal.
2. Purchase the Groupon and that's it!
More Notes on this deal:
1. The deal is good for just a bit over 3 days (you can purchase the discounted coupon until midnight, EST on Sunday). So … you snooze you lose :).
2. There is an additional $5 fee for shipping and handling. This is still a great deal since I never saw a free shipping deal for this product on the web.
Can't wait to check back in with you to share how my grain free noodles turned out.
What veggies will you be slicing up?