Would you like to make your own natural facial cleanser? Have you heard of using oil to cleanse your face? Today I'm going to share something that really surprised me — a Jojoba Oil Cleanser.
If you are:
- Wondering what to use for skin care that does not put harmful chemicals into your skin?
- Dealing with inflamed skin from rosacea or other conditions?
- Looking for a low cost alternative to pricey organic skin care options?
- Hoping to simplify your skin care routine?
then I have a simple and wholesome answer for you: Jojoba Oil Face Cleanser.
I found a regimen like this when I was dealing with a resurgence of rosacea. I had it so bad that I was ashamed to go out of the house. I tried numerous creams and facial products, but some of them were just purely awful (one had a green tint to it to hide the redness of the rosacea – Yuk!) and others simply did not work.
Finally, I read that rosacea can be caused by low stomach acid so I tried some Betaine Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) in supplement form and found that my rosacea disappeared almost immediately! Clearly my digestive system was involved in this problem. Later, however, I found that long term use of HCl is not necessarily a good idea and that working on the root issues with one's digestion is a much better way to go.
That work continues to this day. Once, however, I had a slight flare up of rosacea that led me to a cleansing protocol similar to this one. I found it on the website of an amazing skincare line, MV Skincare. The people there are amazing and their products are fabulous. Expensive, but fabulous. You may wish to check them out if your budget so affords.
The basis of this routine is jojoba oil for cleansing. It seems counter-intuitive, but there are two reasons why jojoba oil is great for cleansing:
Why Use Jojoba for Cleansing
1. Oil attracts other oils so cleansing your face with oil really does make sense. You will be amazed at what shows up on your cotton ball at the end of the day.
2. Jojoba oil is more similar to sebum (the oil in human skin) than is other vegetable oils. Therefore, it is a natural for using in facial and body are routines.
Here is my version of a very simple and soothing Jojoba and Rose Water Cleansing Routine:
By the way, any of the following links may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and helps keep this free resource up and running.
Jojoba and Rose Water Natural Facial Cleanser
What You Need:
1) jojoba oil. (One good brand is Desert Essence organic)
2) Cotton balls or Cotton Cosmetic Pads
3) Muslin Face Cloths
(I recommend purchasing at least 3 of these so that you are never under pressure to do laundry. You do, however, need to wash them at least every two to three days. I wash mine in a lingerie bag in a cold water cycle.
4) Rose Water Spray (made from Rose Essential Oil and water). You can also purchase ready-made rose water (like this one on Amazon) and put in a small spray bottle.
1) Moisten cotton ball or cosmetic pad with warm water.
2) Add 3 drops of jojoba oil to the ball or pad
3) Gently wipe over your entire face and neck
4) Generously moisten the muslin cloth with warm water and apply to face. Hold for at least 5 seconds. Rinse and moisten again with warm water and apply to neck, holding for 5 seconds again. (Note: This step is important. It improves circulation in your skin and promotes health.)
5) Spray face with 2 sprays of organic rose water
6) Place two drops of jojoba oil on the palms of your hands and smooth gently over face and neck
That's it! No chemical, simple, gentle and soothing.
Want to save even more money? Try making your own rose water spray!!What natural skin care products have you tried? Please let me know how this works for you! (Photo credit)