Posted by https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/green-bean-chips/
© 2014 Whole New Mom. All rights reserved.
Can't Stop Eating 'Em Crispy Green Bean Chips
These Crispy Green Bean Chips are easy to make and a great way to get veggies into your and your family's diet. They're gluten free and dairy free too.
- 5 pounds green beans (organic preferred)
- 1/3 cup oil (melted coconut oil preferred)
- 4 tsp salt (I recommend Real Salt)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- (alternatively, if you don't like or don't use nutritional yeast, use 1 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder--See Easy Homemade Garlic Powder)
- Place green beans in a large bowl. If using frozen green beans, simply allow them to thaw in a bowl (optional - see notes below). If using fresh beans, you will need to blanch them first.
- Pour oil on top of beans. If using coconut oil, melt the oil first and work fast as the oils solidifies quickly if your room or beans are cold.
- Sprinkle seasonings on top of coated beans and stir well.
- Dry in dehydrator until crisp dry. This takes approximately 10 - 12 hours at 125 degrees, or 8 hours at 135 degrees, but occasionally longer. You could also bake in a low temperature oven.
- Store in an airtight container.