Mother's Day is right around the corner.
And I have something special to help you celebrate with the mom in your life (or you can give this to your hubby or kiddos so they can make something wonderful for you.)
Fabulous healthful Gluten-Free Recipes that any mom would be blessed to partake of on her special day.
Before we get to the beautiful cookbook that I get to offer to you completely FREE (yippee–I love that word, don't you :)?), I want to tell you a little bit about Attune Foods.
NOTE: When you go to the Attune site to get your cookbook, click on the cover photo of the book to download.
You know, if you've been around here for awhile, that I kind of shun processed foods.
I mean, if you were to take a peak in my fridge and pantry, you'd be hard-pressed to find much, if anything in the way of packaged stuff.
I kind of avoid the stuff like the plague.
Why? Well, typically packaged foods are overpriced and not very nutritionally sound.
Expensive “non food” is not my idea of money well spent.
It's been a long time since we've had boxed cereal in our home, but I stumbled across Attune Foods and Erewhon recently and was really impressed with what I found.
They're a breath of fresh air in the packaged food arena.
In short summary, Attune is part of a group of brands that cares deeply about:
- minimal processing
- non GMOs
You gotta love all of that. I know I do.
Anyway, I liked what I read about Attune and Erewhon and I got the chance to sample some of their gluten-free cereals. We loved them.
My oldest son's response was particularly telling.
He's always had “a thing” about eating cereal with milk (non-dairy) on it (he has sensory issues). He's basically only eaten it out of the box. Now granted, it's been awhile since we've had cereal in our home, but when we got the Erewhon Brown Rice Crisps in our home, he hesitated, but then gladly ate it with my Easiest Coconut Milk on top. He loved it and asked for more.
So I was thrilled when I was asked to participate in this super special Mother's Day project–a FREE Gluten-Free Mother's Day Cookbook featuring Attune's Erewhon cereals and the work of eight incredible gluten-free allergy-friendly blogger moms (hope it's OK to say that when I'm one of the eight.) These are recipes any mom will love.
Within A Gluten-Free Mother's Day: Recipes for Moms by Moms, you’ll find gluten-free dishes with simple ingredients for:
- breakfast in bed
- recipes designed for cooking with kids and
- recipes you can make ahead of time.
There's something for every type of dietary restriction, as well. Mom can choose the recipe(s) she'd like and hand the recipe off to Dad. Or the whole family can come together to prepare a special celebration for Mom.
Take a look at these gorgeous culinary works of art (and heart):
The Fabulous Creations are:
- Blueberry Breakfast Pudding with Granola Topping by Kim Lutz (vegan, tree nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free)
- Turkey Strata Muffins with Orange Slices and Balsamic Glaze by Beth Hillson (tree nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free)
- Corn Flake Quiche Lorraine by Karen Morgan (tree nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free)
- Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Tart by Kelli Bronski (vegetarian, tree nut-free, peanut-free)
- Blueberry Scones with Vanilla Lemon Sweet Cashew Cream and Homemade Blueberry Chia Seed Jam by Maggie Savage (vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, peanut-free)
- Peanut Butter Crunch French Toast with Maple-Peanut Butter Syrup by Alta Mantsch (vegetarian, dairy-free, tree nut-free)
- Chocolate or Carob Tart with Dairy-Free Whipped Topping by Adrienne (that's me :)) (vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free)
- Strawberry Streusel Oatmeal Breakfast Cake by Kim Maes (vegetarian, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free
Don't they look and sound wonderful?
I was so excited to be asked to be a part of this project and I must say, we LOVED the recipe that I came up with.
It's a creamy Chocolate or Carob Filling in a Crispy Crust made with Erewhon's Crispy Brown Rice Cereal. And the topping is something I've been wanting to create for a long time–a Dairy-Free Whipped Cream that doesn't require buying cans of coconut milk.
And it worked. I was really excited about the topping, but my sons say that the crust just might be their favorite part.
I'd love to hear what you think.
But first, follow the link here to download your FREE copy of A Gluten-Free Mother's Day: Recipes for Moms by Moms.
I hope this book makes your Mother's Day extra special, and the recipes are so healthful that you can enjoy them year round.
*NOTE: It appears that for some people there is a problem with downloading this book in Safari, so try another browser like Chrome or Firefox if that happens to you. Alternatively, “Save As” to your computer and then open the pdf file on your computer.*
As a side note, Mother's Day is extra special for me since my youngest was born on Mother's Day, so we have a full-week with Mother's Day and a birthday to celebrate.