I can't tell you how many times I've been asked, “What Safe Cookware do you recommend?”
Or how often I've wondered about what cookware I would buy now if money were no object.
Well, today, I have an answer for you, as well as an amazing giveaway of a Full Set of the product that I am recommending.
Us whole foodies spend a LOT of time in the kitchen. I do, for sure.
We really never eat out and we buy little to no processed food.
That means that my cookware is of utmost importance to me.
I've done a LOT of thinking about what I should use in my kitchen.
I used to cook in whatever I had.
The Pans I USED to Own
– some supposedly high quality nonstick that just wasn't.
– low quality nonstick (when I, and pretty much no one else had a clue about things like teflon and toxic chemicals in non stick pans (I'm sure they did a lot of damage.
– hand me down pots and pans of all types (we were broke. Really bad broke, I tell ya'!)
– stuff loaded with aluminum. Didn't realize if you cooked acid in them that the aluminum goes into you. Great. Sigh.
Well, over the years, these are the kinds of cookware that I have considered for our kitchen. I bet you all have considered these as well…..
This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
Possible Safe Cookware Choices
– healthy, high quality, “eco-friendly” nonstick like this brand (I own one of these and I love it)
– stainless steel (it's supposed to be pretty non-reactive, right?
– cast iron (I've tried this and it's NEVER worked for me. Can't.get.the.hang.of.it.)
– glass cookware like this set
– enameled cast iron like this beauty
– stoneware. Of course, this is only good in the oven. But I LOVE my stoneware. Isn't this set gorgeous?
What's a health conscious crunchola mom to do????
You all are familiar with Dr. Joseph Mercola, right?
Well, I consider him to be a pretty good source of health info. Well, really good, make it.
I drool over many of his products and I trust a lot of his health reports.
Well, guess what? Now that you are a reader of mine, you could actually WIN a set of pans that is the SAME as the ones offered on his website.
Pretty cool, eh :)?
And it's not just Mercola who says this cookware is safe. There are tons of healthy bloggers touting the benefits of this cookware.
Benefits of Ceramcor
1. Non Reactive
2. Non Toxic – No trace metals or chemicals leached from the 100% solid lead-free ceramic cooking surface.
They contain no PFOA coating, produce no PFOA gas or odors, and contain no heavy metals, lead, or cadmium. They have independent worldwide labs testing their products at all times, and guarantee their products' health and safety. They have done extensive leaching tests on their cookware, and have shown they leach no lead, cadmium or any heavy metals of any kind and meet all California Prop 65 Testing Standards. They also publish their test results on their website.
3. Made from Only Natural Materials
4. Easy to Clean
5. Heats up quickly due to infrared heating process
6. Dishwasher and oven-safe (can withstand temps up to 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit!)
7. Fridge and Freezer Safe
8. Microwave safe (but I don't care for the microwave. Blah!)
9. BBQ Grill safe – wow!!!
10. Durable. While it can break, you are encouraged to use abrasive cleaners on it if need be. It can TAKE it! It has a 50 year warranty against scratching!
Here's a quote from Ceramcor:
Clean Xtrema cookware just like you would metal cookware. You can use Baking Soda, Soft Scrub, Bon Ami, Comet and Ajax powered cleaners along with steel wool SOS and Brillo pads and heavy duty scrub sponges on the inside and outside of your Xtrema cookware. Do not worry; you cannot scratch the Xtrema cookware surface.
11. Food stays hotter longer. So you can cook your food and bring it to the table and it will stay warm!
To top it all off, it comes in recyclable packaging. Bonus!
You can imagine that I was super duper excited when I found out that I could join with these great bloggers, Delicious Obsessions, Edible Harmony, Hybrid Rasta Mamma, Paleo F(x), and Ceramcor to bring this Giveaway of The Most Safe Cookware to YOU! Because I love you all. You are SUCH an encouraging group of readers and I LOVE giving back to you!
Sadly, I haven't had the chance to try this cookware out, but I am going to see what I can do about that :)!
Enter to Win a 13- piece Xtrema Ceramic Cookware set valued at $414.99
Who wouldn't love to win this???
Savings for Everyone!!
And…if that wasn't enough, Ceramcor was nice enough to offer a 10% discount to all of my readers. So if you don't win, you can get one or more of these super safe pans for yourself and save!
Just go to www.ceramcor.com to look at their gorgeous pans and get your 10% discount. You'll get a 10% discount on all Xtrema & Fridgex products, except wooden utensils, cutting boards or items already marked down for sale.
Now for the GIVEAWAY
This giveaway will run from Monday December 9th to Sunday December 15. To participate on our Giveaway, all you have to do is interact with the Rafflecopter widget below and do what it says. Easy peasy!!!
*Note that the giveaway is only for United States readers, they do not ship overseas.
There is more than one way to win, click the next or skip option on the widget for more entries.
Winner will be randomly selected by Rafflecopter and announced on Monday December 15.
Well, I am so excited about this. I can't wait to see who wins!
And I would LOVE to hear from you!! (I always do).