Am I correct in assuming that I am not the only one shocked every time I fill up at the gas station or visit the grocery store or order more groceries online?
I know–I know. Gas has been over $3.00 per gallon for awhile now.
But I think it should still be a shocker. And it is for me.
And grocery prices? I can tell you that my husband’s salary sure isn’t going up as fast as those prices are.
To try to keep pace with inflation without going crazy, I try to save big when I can and stock up on things that I know we will need.
Early on in the life of my blog, I wrote a post on Frugal Pantry Storage Tips. Basically, it is a glimpse into how I have helped to keep our family debt free while we lived on a single income that was nowhere near 6 figures, and sometimes was on the very low end of 5 figures.
It hasn’t been easy all the time, but I must say, sometimes I find it to be kind of a fun challenge to see how much money I can save on things.
This week, I have some really good deals for you that you just might want to stock up on.
Free Shipping and Sales at Tropical Traditions
Tropical Traditions has long been a favorite place of mine to shop for coconut oil, but they have other great products as well.
From now until midnight, Monday, August 6, they have FREE SHIPPING This is a great thing because a lot of their products are fairly heavy and shipping really ads up!
I use Tropical Traditions’ Expeller Pressed Coconut oil all the time. It is reasonably priced and has no coconutty taste or flavor so it is perfect if you want the health benefits of coconut oil without the added flavor and smell.
Tropical Traditions always has good sales on something, but currently they have a sale on one of my favorite products, coconut flour.
You can get 2.2 lbs for $9.99 which is $4.54 per pound. With free shipping, that’s a great deal!
(If you really want to stock up and save, you can join their Healthy Buyers Club and purchase 22 pounds of coconut flour for $77.70 which is $3.53 per pound.) That only makes sense if you are going to bepurchasing from them all year, but I do .
Coconut flour is a staple for grain free diets. We have very recently gone grain free, so we’ll be using a lot more coconut flour around here. I hope to share some great recipes with you soon.
Another great sale this month is Palm Shortening. Only $23.59 for 7 lbs! You can use this whole foods shortening anywhere you would use Crisco. But you’re not using Crisco anymore, right ?
You can see all of the great Tropical Traditions sale by clicking here. The first half of the page is for the Healthy Buyers Club, but if you scroll down about 1/2 way, you will see the sales that are available to everyone.
Also, if you’re a new customer at Tropical Traditions, you get a nice informational book about coconut oil that also includes recipes!
Vitacost always has great prices, but they have some amazing deals that beat just about anything on the internet. If you stocked up before but wanted more than the 6 item limit, here’s your chance to grab some more.
Here are the deals that most interest me this week:
- Boiron Arnicare Gel – $5.69. I am not a homeopathic guru, but I know of even mainstream docs who prescribe arnica for their patients for post surgery healing.
- Kirk’s Castille Soap - 4 oz bar – $.97 Clean, all natural soap.
- Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk – $1.97. I never buy canned coconut milk since I just make my own and save a TON, but if you’re not there yet, this is a great deal. The one reason I might buy some is to make some of that great coconut cream frosting since it doesn’t appear to work if you use Homemade Coconut Milk from dried coconut.
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta, Spaghetti Style – 16 oz only $2.29 – I just ordered some of this. Can’t wait to try it since I’ve heard it’s the best.
- PB8 Probiotic. Just $9.99 for 120 capsules. This is a well-respected brand.
- Source Naturals Essential Enzymes - Just $12.99 for 240 capsules. Enzymes have really helped us with out digestion.
- Country Life Vitamin D3 - $5.84 for 200 softgels. There’s a lot of info about folks being D3 deficient these days. Check w/ your doctor about how much you should take.
- Natrol Melatonin – $3.99 for 100 tablets
We use melatonin a lot. You might want to read my post on Natural Sleep Help for other things we’ve used to help. Melatonin was a life saver when our oldest son couldn’t sleep a few years ago.
- Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin - 14 oz $1.85. I have a bunch of this I bought on clearance. Great stuff!! Stock up early for Thanksgiving!
- Bach’s Rescue Remedy Stress Relief – $8.99 – This really seems to help my son’s anxiety.
- Alba Un-Petroleum Jelly – $3.11 for 3.5 oz.
- Grandpa’s Pine Tar Bath soap – $2.25 per bar. I have heard this is a great soap for sensitive skin.
And, if you’re a new customer, you get $10 off your first order. And Free Shipping starts at only $49.
You can find all the clearance deals by clicking here. Remember, you will need to click on the $10 off link to get your savings. And if you aren’t new, I would so appreciate your clicking through here before you shop. I’m an affiliate with Vitacost and make a teensy amount if you shop there after clicking on my link. I so appreciate your support by clicking through my site to shop with my affiliates.
My blog income has taken a sharp dive since I’ve had to take my ads off to stop the false malware warnings. Hope to have them up soon again, but your support helps me keep this free resource going.
Which Deal Appeals to You Most?
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure here.