If you haven’t been around my blog for very long, you may not know that I have a “thing” about saving money.
That means I like to do it. A lot.
There are many reasons why I have a real drive to save, and I won’t go into all of them right now, but let’s just say that living for a year on a salary of $13,500 was part of it . (And that was when I was married and had a baby.)
I have to watch it so I don’t go overboard with saving.
One thing this penchant for saving has done, however, is allowed me to bless all of you with the fruits of my labor.
And there’s a lot of fruitful savings growing on the Vitacost tree right now .
I’ve mentioned Vitacost a few times since I’ve started blogging…
And I’m back to do it again.
They always have good prices, but sometimes they really outdo themselves in the discount department.
This is one of those times.
They have going on are great and a lot of the products included are ones that I either use or would like to try.
More and more these days I am doing my shopping online.
I don’t like the impersonal end of that, but I do like:
- free shipping (no gas costs!)
- not having to load up the car with my kiddos (saves time)
- not having to deal with my kids being tempted by other things they’d like (especially my youngest. He’s the one who’s easily drawn into the cheapo toys hanging at his eye level and the junk packaged food that’s made to draw him in like a magnet.)
- not having to spend at least 1 hour in each store since my kids are with me (anyone else have that problem?)
- the great prices
One of my favorite places to shop these days is Vitacost.
Vitacost is a super popular online purveyor of high quality whole foods and supplements.
I’ve used them a number of times in the past and have been very pleased with their:
- high quality
- good customer service
- broad selection of brands and products
- super cheap prices
- Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk – 32 oz can for $1.98 (I recommend making my Easiest Homemade Coconut Milk, but in a pinch this is a nice product to have on hand. And there is no BPA in these cans.)
- PB-8 Probiotic Blend- $10.19 (We used to use this brand.)
- Eden Foods Organic Canned Black Beans, 15 oz. (I recommend cooking and degassing your own beans (See my post on How to De-Gas Beans), and honestly don’t have a can of beans to my name, but if you aren’t there yet, this is a good deal.)
- Jarrow Formula’s Methyl B-12 (the preferred form of B-12 to take. I personally use this brand.) – 100 lozenges for $4.50
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Spaghetti - 16 oz for $2.29 (this pasta is really great!)
- Bach Rescue Remedy Stress Relief- $9.58 (I’ve been meaning to try this. Anyone have a personal testimony to share?)
- Kirk’s Castille Coconut Oil Soap, 4 oz bar – $.99
- Country Life Vitamin D3 (this is the preferred form of Vitamin D) – 5000 IU, 200 softgels – $6.22. An amazing deal.
For all the deep discount sale items, check out the Vitacost Sale Page.
And as if that weren’t enough, here are more ways to save:
- If you are a first time customer at Vitacost, you will get $10 off your first order of $10 or more. Nice deal! (You do need to click on the link in this sentence, however, in order to get the $10 off. So – if you are a new customer with Vitacost, make sure you click here.
- They have a deal of the week. This week it is 10% off eco friendly cleaning products.
- They also have a deal of the day. So be sure to check that out too on their home page.
For more money saving posts, you might wish to check out:
If you’re interested in more online savings, check out:
- The Green Polka Dot Box (An online buying club offering savings up to 60% on organic and non GMO foods. I love this company. More updated info on them later, but they do have a great 30 DAY FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP available so you can check them our for yourself at no risk.) You can read one of my recent posts on them showing the price savings here (the giveaway is over but you can still see the AMAZING savings.)
- Save money shopping online with Ebates.
Do you have a money saving shopping tip to share?
This post contains affiliate links. For my full disclosure read here.