Well, I’ve had just an incredibly busy week. I’d hoped to have another handy-dandy personal care DIY post for you, but time wouldn’t allow. I was working on my Which Essential Oils Company is Best? research and had to spend much-needed time with my family last night without stressing about writing another post.
So, thanks for your patience.
I did think that I should take some quick time to pull together some of the great saving available to you right now to help you stretch your dollars in these tough financial times.
So – got your money-saving caps on? Here goes !
I have really been enjoying the FREE E-books that I’ve been downloading and sharing with you all. There are a few more this week that are for sure worth a look.
In case you don’t know how this works, Amazon has books available for free for Kindle (their e-reader) for a short (or long) period of time.
Don’t have a Kindle? (I don’t for sure. I prefer old-fashioned holding-a-book-in-my-hand kind of reading !) – no problem! You can just download the Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac and you can even just read the e-book in their Cloud Reader. (I delivered a few e-books there recently and now I just need to figure out how to move them to my Kindle for PC or Mac – anyone know how?)
Anyhow, here are the ones I think are worth a look. It only takes a second to download and if you can grab a good thing or two (or recipe or two) it is for sure worth it.
- Middle Eastern Vegetable Stew
- Vegetable Curry
- Savory Beef Stir Fry
- Green Bean and Chicken Penne Salad
Missed this one last week? It’s still FREE! It’s really full of lots of great whole food recipes. This one is a keeper for sure!
Also on Amazon:
Only $1.73 per bottle with Subscribe and Save!
I am starting to work on a DIY Dishwashing Liquid that I hope to share with you soon, but if you can’t wait, or just aren’t into the “DIY” thing, this is an amazing bargain!!!
Through September 17, you can get 10% off at Tropical Traditions with CODE 171299. You can’t combine this discount with things in their Healthy Buyers Club, but the sales this week are worth taking a second look at.
1. Organic Coconut Flour – 2.2 pounds for $9.99. That works out to $4.50/lb – a great deal on a great alternative for those trying grain free recipes. You can use this in my Chocolate Chip Coconut Macadamia Cookies and you’ll want to have it on hand for my Cookie Dough Truffles which I hope to post soon!
2. Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil – BOGO quarts. 2 quarts for $25. That’s another great deal. I use this oil all the time in my baking and in recipes like:
It’s super versatile and unlike the organic coconut oil, it doesn’t smell or taste like coconut so if you want the benefits of coconut but don’t want the flavor or smell, this is the way to go.
3. Organic Palm Shortening – $23.59 for 1 gallon. This is a much less processed alternative to Crisco and other vegetable shortenings with all of their trans fats.
As an added bonus, if you are a new customer at Tropical Traditions, you get an information book on coconut oil that includes a bunch of great recipes!
Get a peak at all of the great Sales at Tropical Traditions by clicking here.
You can always take advantage of the $10 off your first order at Vitacost. I placed an order with them this week. It is so great to be able to get high quality health, personal care, and food items at such a reasonable price. And with super fast shipment and no need to spend money driving to the store.
I bought these Ecover Dishwashing Tablets to see how they work – the reviews are great!
and I am pretty sure I bought this Hyland’s Calm Sleep Aid. I am still struggling with falling asleep easily so I lean on supplements to help in that arena.
Well, that’s it for today. I’m off hopefully to a military re-enactment with the family and hopefully making chili for a cookoff tomorrow (not that I really plan on winning – I’ll be making one so there is at least one allergy-friendly option for my family!)
Looking for other money saving ideas? Check out my posts on:
- Saving Money Shopping on the Internet
- Inflation – One Way to Beat It
- Saving Time and Money Baking in Bulk
- Saving Money on Special Diets
- Saving Money on Whole Foods
- Which Saves Most – Dehydrating, Canning, or Freezing?
Which deal are you taking advantage of this week?
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer here.