Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays!
A week of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family.
As I mentioned, this past week, there is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Coconut Candy from Traditional Foods
I’d substitute a different nut butter & nut…most likely Homemade Almond Butter and almonds (make sure you get them without engine fuel, right –
Remember they are 10% off right now with CODE WNM. These are really great almonds!)…
And I would use my Homemade Chocolate Chips, of course. Yum!!
Vegan Cream Cheese from Cuter than Gluten.
I would use a different nut since my son’s allergic to cashews. Macadamias work great for this kind of thing.
If you don’t mind a darker “cheese” then almonds would do as well!
Can’t wait to try this! I tried a vegan cream cheese recently and it was pretty good so this will be Take II!
Plate-Licking Chinese Green Beans from Whole Intentions
My son picked this out! Really. He loves green beans and Asian food. Interestingly, he has tested allergic to sesame but appears to tolerate even expeller pressed sesame oil alright so we’re going to try these!
and Readers’ Favorites
Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites from Tasty Yummies
I would, of course, use my Homemade Chocolate Chips and I’d probably sub sweet potato for the banana and add a tad of stevia
since we’re not eating many bananas these days. These look wonderful! I love chocolate and mint!
GF Date-Sweetened Banana Bread from The Veggie Nook.
Probably couldn’t make this with all the bananas…Sigh.
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!