Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
Welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW)–a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions are shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
Anything that is fitting for an allergy free diet in some way (we’re not that strict).
For the complete rules, click here.
Here goes – starting off with my favorites–and you should check out the other hostesses’ posts to see if you were featured there!
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
I think I should title this week’s post “Whole Foodified Processed Food Week.”
My favorites are all that–they look great! Kashi Granola, Crispie Bars and Cocoa Krispies :).
Raw White Chocolate and Cranberry Crispies (GF & V) from The Fussiest Eater
These look great. I love Crispie Bars and this is a GREAT idea–make them with soaked and dried buckwheat!
You can follow my link to see how to soak the grains and then dry them in a dehydrator, or check the directions on the blog by searching after you click through (it’s a little hard to figure out). I’ve been working on a White Chocolate recipe–keep an eye out for it.
5-Ingredient Healthy Cocoa Crispies from Oatmeal with a Fork
Another great “cereal” food made from soaked and dried buckwheat. Guess what I’m going to soak tonight :).
The only sub I’d make is a candida-diet friendly sweetener.
(Just Like Kashi) Granola from The Knoxville Holts
Again, I’d sub a candida-diet friendly sweetener. And I’d likely reduce the dried fruit for the same reason (or use unsweetened cranberries and a little extra sweetener.)
and Readers’ Favorite
Protein Carrot Cake from Food and Yoga for Life
This might be hard but I would try to sub in my Powdered Egg Replacer. I like using this protein powder. We don’t use it often but it does come in handy sometimes. (that’s an affiliate link)
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!