Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
Welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW)–a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions are shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday? Anything that is fitting for an allergy free diet in some way (we’re not that strict). For the complete rules, click here. Here goes – starting off with my favorites–and you should check out the other hostesses’ posts to see if you were featured there!
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Raw Devil’s Food Cupcakes (GF) from Chef Amber Shea
Yum. Just yum. I LOVE that these don’t call for dates. Why? I love dates, but…they don’t love me. Check out Candida & the Beginning of My Sugar-Free Life. I would sub in a candida-diet-friendly sweetener .
Mini Carrot Cake (grain & nut free) from Oatmeal with a Fork
I LOVE carrot cake. I think I would make more than one of these though….I kinda have to do everything in bulk. Or else I’m always cooking and cleaning up – you know. Here is some more Baking in Bulk information. Oh- and I would sub in a candida-diet-friendly sweetener here as well.
Gluten-Free Sourdough Starter from Don’t Waste the Crumbs
Wowee Kazowee. I can’t wait to try this!
Cancer’s Shocking Price Tag from Real Food Forager
A very informative post – just Jill’s style. I am very upset with how much cancer we are seeing these days. What do you think about this post?
and Readers’ Favorite
Why I Left the Medical System from Intentionally Domestic
Very interesting post from an RN about why she left. I was pre-med in college. I kinda wish I’d finished the course. But kinda glad I didn’t.
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!