Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Gluten-Free Homemade Cookie Dough Butter from Girl Gone Country
Again, I’d use my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips and a candida-diet friendly sweetener. And my oldest has a pretty severe dairy allergy but he appears to be tolerating butter in small amounts. Still, I think I’d try coconut oil for this one :).
Best Ever Beef Stew (GF & V) from Not Missing a Thing
I would use my Homemade Vegetable Broth and some soy sauce likely for the beef broth (if I didn’t have any).
We used to have Irish Stew all the time when I was small. I haven’t cooked it in ages!
and Readers’ Favorite
Overnight Cinnabuns from Oatmeal with a Fork
I’d use a candida-diet-friendly sweetener and coconut milk yogurt (I still need to work on making that :).)
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!