Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Chocolate Doughnuts with Strawberry Frosting from Allergy-Free Test Kitchen
I can’t wait to try these! My husband has been drooling over the neato electric doughnut makers. I know–sounds silly, right? A husband (not me) drooling over that. Well, I might drool a little myself.
I would use my Powdered Sugar Substitute and a candida-diet friendly sweetener. No white sugar in this house .
Oh….and my Powdered Egg Replacer of course. Yum!
Grain-Free Cinnamon Raisin Cream of Wheat from Raw Dakota Kitchen
I would use my Easiest Coconut Milk and a candida-diet-friendly sweetener.
Whenever my youngest gets really sick, he asks for my Homemade Cream of Rice (or “rice porridge”).
I have super-fond memories of Cream of Wheat in the morning from my youth as well, and he’s grown to love it. This is a great grain-free alternative.
Smoky Millet-Stuffed Sweet Potato Crepes from Vegan Richa
No need to sub here. I really want to make these crepes. They sound wonderful.
and Readers’ Favorite
Healthy Andes Mints from Oatmeal with a Fork
Actually, I saw these early last week and thought “Those are going to be one of my favorites!” Ah well. They’re featured anyway.
I’ve always loved chocolate and mint. Too much. I used to eat an incredible amount of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream after school. Don’t ask how much .
Anyhow, I’d use a candida-diet sweetener and my Easiest Almond Milk and would make these very soon!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!