Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
This week there were soooo many amazing recipes to choose from (especially for those of us with a sweet tooth–ahem–) that you really should go back to last week’s allergy free recipes and take a look. It was one of those weeks where I was struggling about which recipes to highlight. So you know there were some really good ones! Recipes like….Hazelnut Candy Bars, Dipped Cookie Dough Balls, Cookie Dough Dessert, Paleo Carrot Cake…and more!
Grain-Free, Vegan PB&J Bars from Simply Living Healthy
I would use Homemade Nut Butter and a whole fruit jam. Another idea, if you can’t have fruit (we avoid it a lot) would be to use a spread made from cranberries and stevia.
Raw Grasshopper Pie (GF & V) from Practical Stewardship
I LOVE chocolate and mint anything. I would sub flax or chia and sweetener for the dates in the crust due to candida and sugar-metabolism issues. And I would use a candida diet friendly (ACD) sweetener. I love the spinach for color! Like with my St. Patrick’s Day Fudge.
Spicy Cabbage and Potatoes (GF & V) from Vegan Richa
We love ethnic dishes like this. We just made my Pakistani Curry for company tonight, along with our Moroccan Carrots. If you haven’t tried those yet, you should.
and Readers’ Favorite
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!