Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Just like a few weeks ago, there were soooo many great submissions this past Wednesday that you really should go and check them out. Anytime I sit and muddle over the choices and wish I could just pick
5 8 10, you know it’s worth perusing the list! How about Mint Chocolate Cream Bars, Truck Stop Jo Jo Potatoes with Vegan Dipping Sauce, or Peppermint Patties :-)!
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars from Fresh 4 Five
I’d use my Homemade Chocolate Chips in the cookies, a different butter for the tahini and my Powdered Egg Replacer.
And a candida-friendly sweetener, of course. What a fun recipe!
Chickpea Fries from Part-Time Health Nut
I love this idea! I would for sure de-gas your beans and then dehydrate them and grind them into flour first.
I know it’s extra work, but eating non-de-gassed bean flour can be quite–ahem–gassy.
Zesty Coconut Macaroons with Cranberries and Pistachios from Vegan Richa
I’d use my Homemade Coconut Milk–and a candida-friendly sweetener and unsweetened cranberries.
They’re hard to find, but I did a group buy of them about 2 years ago. Time to order more!
and Readers’ Favorite
Awesome Allergy-Free Fudge from Allergy-Free Test Kitchen
This has a lot of refined foods in it. It would work with my Homemade Marshmallows and Homemade Chocolate Chips, though and it’d be more awesome!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!