Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
Welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW)–a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions are shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday? Anything that is fitting for an allergy free diet in some way (we’re not that strict). For the complete rules, click here. Here goes – starting off with my favorites–and you should check out the other hostesses’ posts to see if you were featured there!
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
(Note: There might be affiliate links in this post. If you click them, I might make a commission, but your price remains the same and your purchase helps to keep this blog going strong !)
Decadent Double Chocolate Bites (GF & DF) from Sandi’s Allergy-Free Recipes
I know. Drool. I think my Powdered Egg Replacer would work as a great sub in here if you can’t have eggs. Plus use my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips too and my Easiest Almond Milk. These passed my son’s “I want to eat them off of the screen” test !
Yummmm! I love carrot cake – this is a definite make! I would use my Easiest Almond Milk, and a candida-diet-friendly sweetener, plus macadamias for the cashews and almonds for the walnuts since my son is allergic to those nuts.
Healthy Pumpkin Donuts (GF & V) from Tessa the Domestic Diva
I would try to make these totally whole grain, but they look WONDERFUL! We just got a doughnut maker–gotta break it in, you know?
and Readers’ Favorite
Beware of Chia Seeds from Politically Incorrect Health
I am not sure I concur with the author on this one, but you can read it and see what you think. Just because there isn’t necessarily a weight loss benefit to eating chia doesn’t mean it’s something to be cautious about eating. That being said, everything in moderation, eh? I love these chia puddings: Chocolate / Carob Chia Pudding and Dairy-Free Berry Mousse
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!