Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Pumpkin Lucuma Cheesecake from Sweetly Raw
I would use the crust from this pie (sorry – the photo isn’t that great) to avoid the heavy glycemic index dates. And would use a candida-friendly sweetener in the pie. I featured this on my 19 Whole Foods Holiday Recipes recently. Love it!
Baked BBQ Brussels Sprout Chips from Oatmeal with a Fork
These look great!! No need to sub anything and I can’t wait to try this! I think the seasoning would be good on so many things! I’m thinking about my Kale Chips too!
Portuguese Milk Mayonnaise (Vegan) from HealthNut Nation
This blog shows up a little strange on my screen, but there is some really good stuff there. I would use my Homemade Coconut Milk and a nut that my son isn’t allergic to. I have a yummy Egg Free Mayo recipe too, but I like the looks of this one!
and Readers’ Favorite
Thumbprint Cookies (GF, DF, & SF) from Sandi’s Allergy-Free Recipes
These look really good! I would use my Powdered Egg Replacer and a candida-friendly sweetener. Yum! Haven’t had thumbprints in years.
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!