Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
Welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW)–a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions are shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Vegan “Cheez-It” Crackers from Veged Out
These look sooo good. I would use whole grain GF flour. Can’t wait to try these!
Savory Chickpea Flatbread with Kale Basil Pesto from The Veggie Nook
No need for subs, but make sure you read How to De-Gas Beans. I personally would use de-gassed and dried beans for no digestive upset (ahem).
Top 10 Gluten-Free Girl Scout Cookie “Knockoffs” from Gluten-Free Easily
I don’t think I can write all the sub options here. Have fun being creative!
and Readers’ Favorite
Cinnamon Roll Bread from Fairy Wings and Pixie Dust
I’d be changing out all the white flours for whole grain and using a candida-diet friendly sweetener. And using my Powdered Sugar Sub and my Easiest Coconut Milk.
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!