Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
Welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW)–a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions are shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
This week we just couldn’t narrow it down to three – so there are four features. And there could have been many more. Too much good stuff to choose from!
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache Truffles from Pickle Biotic
These look wonderful! I would use my Homemade Vanilla Stevia in these . I had never heard of cacao paste.
It’s a little pricey but these look good! I wonder if a mix of Homemade Coconut Butter and cocoa powder could work…hmmmm.
Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes from Sweetly Raw
I would use a candida-diet-friendly sweetener and likely macadamias since my son is allergic to cashews.
Chickpea Kobacha Fries from Vegan Richa
No need for subs here. So creative!
Best DIY Gluten-Free Play Dough Recipes from One Creative Mommy
Did you know that Play Dough (and other company’s doughs) have gluten in them?
If you’re super sensitive, or if your kiddos might just put the dough in their mouths, here is a GREAT option for you!
and Readers’ Favorite
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!