Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Healthy Homemade Fruit Cereal Bars from Tessa the Domestic Diva
My kids are BEGGING me to make these. I would use a candida-diet friendly sweetener and would try to use a sugar-free jam. Yum!
Chocoholic Recipes from The Tasty Alternative
Too many great chocolate recipes here to not share.
Easy and Delicious Lasagna (GF & V) also from The Tasty Alternative
I’ve never made a GF DF lasagna, but I want to now!
I would probably skip the Daiya since it has titanium dioxide in it–Boo!
I am looking into making my own DF cheese – should be interesting, eh?
and Readers’ Favorite
Chocolate Bombs (GF w DF option) from Gluten-Free Easily
These have waaay too much starch for me, but they look amazing. So I would sub in whole grain and my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips. And I would use my Powdered Egg Replacer. Bombs away!!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!