PLEASE NOTE–THIS WEEK’S LINK UP WILL BE FOR TWO WEEKS. SO ALL OF YOU GENIUS ALLERGY-FREE BLOGGERS, COME AND LINK UP WHATEVER YOU WANT THROUGH NEXT WEEK. WE’LL BE BACK WITH A NEW LINK UP IN THE NEW YEAR :-)!
Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Fudgy Milk Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Almonds (gluten free and vegan) from Vegan Richa
I would try this with my Homemade Chocolate Chips and for the creamer, I would try my Vegan Condensed Milk with a tad of water.
And a candida-friendly sweetener, of course.
Apple Blackberry Crumble with Hazelnut Topping (grain and sugar free) from Beyond the Peel
I featured this on my Facebook page this past week. Yum!
I would use an alternate nut since my son is allergic to hazelnuts. And a candida-friendly sweetener.
and Readers’ Favorite
Pecan Pie Cookies (grain free & vegan) from Allergy-Free Alaska
My son is allergic to pecans as well, so I’d sub in almonds or macadamias.
I would use a candida-friendly sweetener and would try a ground chia gel and sweetener sub for the dates (the candida thing again). Yum!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!