Greetings, great readers!
You may have noticed that I changed things up a bit yesterday by taking a hiatus from Traditional Tuesdays.
In the interest of trying something new, I’m trying out a new focus, on Allergy Friendly Foods with Allergy Friendly Wednesdays (AFW).
I’d love to hear your thoughts on what you think of this new Blog Hop!
Please know that I thought about this for quite awhile. I spent a lot of time checking links on AFW to make sure that there were very few processed food entries.
This past week, there were only 5 out of about 90. Not bad.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
*Please provide a description of your recipe, such as Dairy Free (DF), Gluten Free (GF), Sugar Free (SF), Vegan (V), etc.
Rules & Guidelines
*In order for your recipe to be featured, your post must contain a back link to our blog hop.
Each week, I’ll feature reader favorites and mine. Since I’m new this week – my favorite will start next week!
I look forward to seeing what you all have to share!