The United States’ government’s war on food took another step in the wrong direction when Rawesome Foods, a private food buying club in Venice, CA, was invaded yesterday by an armed SWAT team.
Who was arrested?
– James Stewart, the owner of Rawesome
– Victoria Bloch, volunteer Weston A. Price Foundation chapter leader of Los Angeles (apparently a part-time worker at Rawesome), and
– Sharon Palmer, farmer and owner of Healthy Family Farms, Rawesome’s primary farm supplier
Stewart is being held on $125,000 bail, which is more than the bail in LA for a rapist.
And what is the charge? CONSPIRACY. CONSPIRACY TO SELL RAW MILK.
The hypocrisy here is clear and disgusting.
Now, before you read on, please know that this is not JUST an accusation of hypocrisy against this current administration. There is plenty of evidence of hypocrisy on both sides of the political aisle. However, all of the evidence is getting just a bit too hard to ignore. And if you follow the money, it seems pretty clear at least some of what is going on here.
Raw milk farms cut into the profits of big agriculture business. Big Ag doesn’t like that.
While Michelle Obama runs around the country promoting healthy eating and showing off her organic garden, the FDA that is under the authority of the Executive Branch of government (her husband) seizes perfectly healthy food and dumps it down the drain. Now, I’m not saying that this would definitely not have happened under a different administration, but the hypocrisy cannot be ignored and it should be addressed.
Think this is really because the government thinks that raw milk is dangerous?
Think again. Read this article showing the government’s findings that raw milk is, in fact, safe.
While our “trusted leaders” allow:
our government thinks that it should be spending out hard earned money shutting down probiotic manufacturers and small farms that aid communities by providing them with healthy food products. Like raw milk and raw cheese.
One crucial fact in all of this, the search warrant stated that the FDA agents were to seize “samples” of the raw milk and cheese. Instead they took EVERYTHING. That means that this raid was truly illegal.
Here is a video that shows incredible and simply, horrifying details about the situation. Please watch the entire thing and then pass it along. Thanks to Ann Marie of Cheeseslave for sharing. She is now at the rally in L.A. and will be sharing updates as they come.
(Video note: There is one incident of profanity in this video. Many will miss it, but I just wanted to let you know in advance.)
Note: I have just received new information about this situation. 1. Apparently Rawesome Foods was selling raw milk from Pennsylvania in its California location. This might be a violation of interstate commerce laws. 2. There are accusations of fraud on the internet against some of those who were arrested. I have not verified this information, however. So, while I feel that the actions taken by the FDA are extreme, this information should be taken into account when looking at this situation.
1. Share this information via Facebook, Twitter — however and wherever you can.
2. If you live anywhere near LA, be sure to get out to the protest now.
3. Consider donating to the Consumer Wellness Center, where 100% of the donations will go directly to James Stewart’s legal needs.
4. Phone Margaret Hamberg, the Director of the FDA, at 301-796-5000 and tell her (kindly, mind you) what you think about the raid and the FDA’s outlandish and unconstitutional grab for control.
5. Get to work now for real change in our government. If we don’t work now for people who really want smaller and constitutionally-based government, then it won’t just be raw milk that is going down the drain. Our economy is on the way. Our whole country will be next.
6. Like my Facebook fan page. I add updates to issues like this regularly. Let’s keep spreading the word and join together to end this madness.
For more reading on this topic:
Sarah Pope, of The Healthy Home Economist, talks about the unconstitutionality of this issue and the government not respecting private contracts.
Mike Adams, of Natural News (who broke this story yesterday), has numerous articles on this topic. This one discusses the conspiracy charges that have been filed against Stewart, Bloch, and Palmer. Another great article that he posted about this, which I referred to above, shows how this raid was truly illegal. You can read it here.