It seems like everyone these days is tired. And sick and tired of feeling that way.
Do you wake up tired and wish you could be like other moms with loads of energy to cart their kiddos to play dates and homeschool co-ops and still have steam left to do a family outing at night?
I had a horrid horrid period of bad health in my past that was really frightening. It was that time that prompted me to write:
I have oh, so much more that I want to share and am learning a ton about my thyroid, adrenal health, blood sugar and more.
And I am learning that they are all connected.
Well, I am doing much much better now, but I still have work to do. And from reading the comments and emails from all of you, you all have health issues you need to work on as well.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Do You Have:
- lack of energy/fatigue
- depression/mood swings
- sleep disturbances, trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep
- weight gain
- heart issues such as; MI, stroke, cardiovascular disease, high triglycerides, hypertension, atherosclerosis
- need for stimulants which deplete nutrients
- adrenal fatigue, followed by thyroid issues and other endocrine issues
- hormone imbalances
- yeast overgrowth (candida or vaginal itching)
- mineral deficiencies (such as magnesium)
- irritability prior to meals, shaky/edgy if meals are delayed
- vision impairment
- mental clarity/function
- a plethora of gastrointestinal disorders
If you answered yes to any of the above, you need to address your health, before it becomes something more.
I can’t tell you how many people who have health issues but they don’t feel like digging into them to find out why, or do something about them.
You know, someone might
- have chronic headaches and use peppermint essential oil and is happy because their headaches are more manageable. Now I LOVE essential oils, but you need to figure out why you are getting the headaches.
- have chronic yeast infections. They keep buying the OTC antifungals but have no clue that candida could be ravaging their body
- take Benadryl® or OTC sleep meds to deal with insomnia, little realizing that insomnia is a real sign of thyroid and adrenal dysfunction
You get the drift.
Our bodies are complex and all of the parts are meant to work together.
When one part isn’t functioning well, it’s important to address the symptoms, of course, but more importantly, you want to get to the root cause and figure out WHY that part isn’t functioning well.
What Happens if You Don’t Listen to Your Body?
You could end up with a big big problem.
1. Candida: I could tell I had issues with sugars, but I didn’t want to hear it. Now I have candida and boy, did I end up with it bad. I’ll tell you all more later, but let’s just say candida isn’t a beast you want to mess with. And my die off was. not. fun.
2. Diabetes: Remember Lydia’s post on Are You Headed Toward Diabetes? This isn’t a disease you want to be messing with.
3. Autoimmune Disease: Think you can just eat whatever you want and abuse your body with tons of stress? You might just wake up with an autoimmune disease one day. Also. not. fun.
I was pre-med in university years. It was my dream to help others be healthy. I don’t know where that desire came from, but clearly, I have an inborn fascination with the human body. Maybe you can tell that from some of my posts.
However, I decided that I didn’t have it in my to be both a physician and a mom. So I said good-bye to Organic Chemisty (that was a happy moment) and studied Japanese instead. That’s another story, but I did end up with a veritable major in the language and then lived over in Japan for a year. Omoshiroi, ne? to all of my readers who know Japanese :).
Anyhow, I am not a qualified physician, or a nutritionist, though I am in the midst of a pretty heavy duty herbalist course and I hope to follow up with more coursework in the future. Who knows where that will go…..
But for now, I am leaning on others because I have to. And I have a good friend to introduce to you again today, who is very good at helping folks get on the right track with their health.
If you’ve been around here for awhile, you all remember the oh-so-popular Heal You Gut Course that I’ve bragged on over and over again, right?
Well, the instructor, Lydia Shatney, has another great course going on now that I would like to recommend to you.
Before you read on, please please know that I am very selective. I don’t accept all requests for advertising and I only bring to you what I do use myself or would use. And Lydia is someone whom I trust. However, the following links to the health course are affiliate links. If you choose to enroll I will receive a commission. Your support of my blog is much appreciated and helps keep this free resource up and running.
Lydia Shatney is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner offering a fabulous online course; REVITALIZE YOUR HEALTH for anyone in need of support to work through plaguing health problems. Having worked through many of her own health issues, she can really understand the importance of support for those that need direction and guidance.
Finding answers can be so tedious and time consuming, it’s so much better when you’ve got someone trained to help right by your side. That’s Lydia’s goal in this course, to walk you step-by-step through ways to support yourself and find your way to a happier, healthier you!
Revitalize Your Health Will Cover
Quality sleep and balanced circadian rhythms are critical to a healthy life and for weight loss! Did you know that just one night of little to no sleep can make you as insulin resistant the next day as a Type 2 diabetic? Whoa! No more all nighters, OK? Hear me college students and twenty-somethings?
Let Lydia teach you how to support your bodies natural rhythms, to set you up for quality sleep, more energy, better focus and avoid those sugar cravings like the plague!
Healthy Blood Sugar Management
It is estimated that more than one-third of the U.S. population has insulin resistance, which is a stepping stone to diabetes ( I suspect that percentage is actually much higher). Blood sugar dysregulation does not suddenly emerge.
You cannot wake up one day with Type II diabetes and not have a clue that something is going wrong. Type II diabetes follows an insidious pattern of development and involves, to some extent, dysregulation in the three organs of sugar regulation: the endocrine pancreas, the liver, and the adrenal glands. These three organs work in harmony to regulate and normalize blood glucose levels across the day and night.
In this course, Lydia will teach you the science behind how your blood sugar works, a diet appropriate for healthy blood sugar control and further tips and tricks to support your adrenals and liver as well.
What does proper exercise do for you?
- you enjoy a sense of well-being and aren’t prone to weight gain. With
- it targets your lymph system help stop toxins from overrunning your body.
- your liver can operate optimally doing what it does best: burn fat.
- exercise helps blood, nutrients, and fresh oxygen reach each body cell to keep your body humming along.
- exercise aids digestion, absorption, metabolism, and food assimilation and improves enzyme stores.
- exercise helps to rid your muscles and liver of stored glucose so that your cells can start to shed off excess glucose stored as fat.
- exercise increases muscle mass.
- boosts metabolism. Research indicates that cardio helps to keep your metabolism elevated for four to twelve hours after you quite exercising, burning nearly as many calories as your workout did.
- your body releases natural mood elevators called endorphins. They make you feel good and in control, which reduces your potential for overeating because of depressed emotions. According to a Calif. State Univ. study, going for a ten-minute brisk walk prior to every meal can quench those snack impulses. exercising also suppresses those cravings tied to depression and stress.
Learn much more about the amazing benefits of exercise, why less is more and some fitness game plans that will fit into any lifestyle!
4. Liver Support/Gentle Detox
Check out everything the liver does:
- metabolizes not only fats, but also carbohydrates and proteins for use in your body. The organ has a triple role in carbohydrate metabolism.
- it converts glucose, fructose, and galactose into glycogen, which it stores.
- when your blood sugar level drops and no new carbohydrates are available, the liver converts stored glycogen into glucose and releases it into your bloodstream.
if your diet is regularly low in carbs, the liver will convert fat or protein into glucose to maintain your blood sugar levels.
- it converts amino acids from food into various proteins that may have a direct or indirect impact on your weight. Many proteins, for example, transport hormones through the bloodstream; hormone balances are crucial to avoid water retention, bloating and cravings, as well as other health problems.
- it’s involved with digestion, the endocrine system, controlling blood sugar, and protein and fat metabolism.
- it’s the body’s most important organ, functioning as a living filter to cleanse the system of toxins, metabolize proteins, control hormonal balance, and produce immune boosting factors. Many of these functions are essential to your overall health.
Lydia will teach you more about the liver, detox and how to regularly support your liver in a gentle way, plus give you a basic protocol to do your own liver detox when you are ready! Nice. I love getting stuff I can do at home to help myself be healthy!
5. How To Lose Weight Safely & Effectively
Most of us could stand to lose at least a few pounds, right?
What are your weight loss goals? Do you want to lose all your excess weight in a year? 20 pounds in a month? 5 pounds a week?
While Lydia thinks it’s good to have goals on this, weight loss can be tricky. She tells people to not depend on what the scale tells them, in fact to not even look at your scale for the first month.
Go by how your clothes fit. Go by inches. Consider measuring yourself right now – waist, hips, bust and maybe even your thighs. Wherever you want to lose weight, measure with a tape measure. Jot it down and set it aside.
Even go ahead and take a current picture of yourself in your skivvies. (Yikes!!)
No one ever has to see it except for you. Put it in an envelope and tape it to the front of your food journal – revisit it in a few months to see what progress you have made.
**The ultimate goal should be to make steady progress – not fast and furious. I LOVE this.**
When you start to get the foundations of your health ironed out, the weight will come off. Learn more on how to shift your mindsets on weight loss from the typical thought process of ‘If I just lose weight, I’ll be healthy and feel better’ to one of ‘If I get the foundations of my health ironed out and get healthy first, weight loss will be a secondary benefit’!
What Else is Included?
As if that weren’t enough, in Lydia’s course, you will learn more about all of these 5 topics and MUCH MORE.
To see in greater detail what this course covers, please check out the COURSE OUTLINE.
Plus, you will have access to a private facebook group for further support from both myself and others on the same journey to health!
Now, the course does cost some money, but it isn’t much when you consider how much you are getting.
The investment for this course is $149 (the cost goes up to $169 in the New Year) and payment plans are available for $20 a month for 12 months. You save $91 by investing up front.
Consider this an offer you can’t refuse – $20 per month (or less) gets you guided instruction from someone who is trained and ready to fully support your goals to unleash your true vitality!
You could easily spend this one visit to a natural practitioner who might just give you some herbs to treat symptoms, but won’t get to the bottom of what is going on with you.
That’s what happened to me with my thyroid. Several hundred dollars later, I ended up calling 911 one night. I’ll tell you all the story later, but believe me–it’s MUCH better to get to the root cause rather than dink around dealing with symptoms.
This online course (yippee–you can learn in your PJs with a cuppa instead of slugging off to an office) could really benefit you and help you to resolve your health maladies. Regardless of whether or not you have weight to lose you’ll gain powerful insights into some key foundational aspects of your overall health.
I really encourage you to seriously consider signing up to take control of your health today.
Here, so you can get to know Lydia a little better, is a 7 min 30 second recording of her talking a little bit about the course, and about why she created it.
Please note – I am not a physician or do I pretend to be one. Well I already said that. But you need to remember it. The information in this post is not meant to be anything more than entertainment or education. Please consult with your physician prior to changing your diet or exercise regimen.
Got a question for Lydia about the course or otherwise? Go ahead an ask away in the comments section.