Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
GF & V Pumpkin Blondies from Food and Yoga for Life
I would use my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips for sure, would try totally whole grain flours,
and I would use a candida-friendly sweetener.
10-Minute Homemade Hot Sauce from Beyond the Peel
No need for subs here! My hubby LOVES hot sauce, and we just ran out! I can’t wait to make this for him!!
This is a very informative post! We got the flu shot once – many years ago, but never again!
How about you?
and Readers’ Favorite
Fudgy Mug Cake from Writing in White
I would use my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips and my Homemade Egg Replacer for the eggs.
And NO microwave. Try baking this in the oven for maybe….20 minutes to start. I might just be doing this today since my son saw this photo and asked in a sweet voice, “Mommy, do you think you could make that mug cake, please ?”
I’ll write more about that later .
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!