Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
No-Bread Oatmeal French Toast from Oatmeal with a Fork
My son is BEGGING me to make this. He hasn’t had french toast in years.
I would use my Homemade Egg Replacer and a candida-friendly sweetener.
Gluten-Free Low Carb Magic Bars from Skinny GF Chef
Magic Bars are one of those things that I loved as a child and never thought I would ever eat again. Maybe now I can .
I would use my Homemade Dairy-Free Condensed Milk, Homemade Chocolate Chips and likely rice protein.
Peanut-Free Peanut Butter from Lexie’s Kitchen
No need for subs here. Can’t wait to try it!
and Readers’ Favorite
Paleo Apple Squash Muffins from Fresh 4 Five
I would use my Homemade Egg Replacer, a candida friendly sweetener and I would try to use all whole grain flour.
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!