Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
This week there were soooo many amazing recipes to choose from (especially for those of us with a sweet tooth–ahem–) that you really should go back to last week’s allergy free recipes and take a look. It was one of those weeks where I was struggling about which recipes to highlight. So you know there were some really good ones! Recipes like….Hazelnut Candy Bars, Dipped Cookie Dough Balls, Cookie Dough Dessert, Paleo Carrot Cake…and more!
Heavenly Soft & Chewy Granola Bars (GF & V) from Tessa the Domestic Diva
I would use my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips and a candida-diet-friendly sweetener and would add more nuts or chocolate chips instead of the dried fruit.
and Readers’ Favorite (this week there was a tie, so we have two)
Luscious Lemon Torte (grain free, DF, & SF) from My BIG FAT Grain-Free Life
I’d use a candida-diet-friendly sweetener and I would try my Powdered Egg Replacer, but I’ve tried that before in a bean cake and it just didn’t work. Sigh.
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!