As I read that title, I am amazed.
We have made so much progress in our health journey over the past years and months.
Are we completely healed of everything that ails us?
But come read about what we have been healed from–and see how you can join us on this amazing journey.
**UPDATE**–This course is being offered at $50 off, now through Monday (2/17/14). I am doing what I can to see if I can get the savings extended for you since there isn’t much time. Stick with me on this :).
First of all, I want to apologize to you all for not writing as many posts recently.
And I ask you to stick with me and read this post all the way to the end.
I’ve shared this course information with you before, and if you’re anything like me you sometimes “tune out” when a blogger is recommending that you spend money on something.
This is really worth it–
- more than an ebook bundle (most of them, anyways)
- more than a Free Shipping Deal
- and more than a special deal on a kitchen gadget.
I shared over the weekend that I’ve been super busy and just haven’t had the time I’ve wanted to write posts, but this course is such a big deal that I knew I needed to get this info out to you. I’ve been working on an Easy Homemade Ketchup post, but just had to put that on hold to get this crucial information out to you.
I wanted to give you all the chance to:
- learn all about the course
- think about it
- talk it over with your husband (if you’re married) and
- have time to make a decision rather than be forced into a split-second decision.
So I hope you can forgive me :).
And I hope to have the Easy Homemade Ketchup posted later this week. It’s pretty easy to write the post–it’s getting a nice photo of ketchup that might be a little challenging :).
Anyhoo, please hang with me through another longish post. I want to share some about us–and tell you about our next step in healing. And the “join us” part is about gut healing in general, but an amazing course in particular.
Please don’t click away. This is really important.
In fact, it might mean the difference between life and death–for you, or for someone you love.
Our healing journey has being going on for a long time, and it can be discouraging at times, but when I think of all the improvements, it amazes me.
Eczema, Autism, Hypoglycemia, Candida and More
1. Eczema– My oldest was covered with eczema as a baby. So much so that he would stick to my arm while he nursed. You can read more about Eczema and Food Allergies–From Despair to Healing to get the full newborn story.
About 4 years ago, the eczema resurfaced. My son was itching so badly that he was lifting his shirt in public constantly to scratch himself. It was embarrassing.
His skin is now almost perfect (if you don’t look at the mosquito bites he got while camping this weekend :)!)
2. Autism– My oldest was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome about 5 years ago. At that time, he wouldn’t leave our side, never made eye contact, talked only about things that interested him, and had no friends.
Our son isn’t completely healed, but many friends tell us that they don’t notice any difference between him and other boys his age. He just got back from a Scout campout and my husband reports that he interacted very well with the other boys.
3. Hypoglycemia-- 2 years ago, which I was in the midst of a horrid health crisis, part of my diagnosis (I figured this out myself–my physicians missed it) was hypoglycemia.
My fasting blood sugar was 55 (A blood sugar reading below 60 is recognized as being hypoglycemic.)
I just got my latest lab work back.
My fasting blood sugar? — 90!
4. Lactose Intolerance-- When my husband and I were dating, I figured out from his dietary habits and the physical effects of them (I am using clandestine language here) that he was lactose intolerant. Let’s just say that you wouldn’t want to be around him after he had a cheese pizza :).
Today, he eats cheese within moderation and has no digestive problems.
5. Candida-- At about the same time that I was hypoglycemic, I had candida. Badly. You can read more about it starting at What is Candida? – and The Beginning of My Sugar-Free Life. I had an itchy scalp, bloated belly, itching privates, brain fog, and mood swings.
Today, I am free from all of that.
6. Varicose Veins-- Ever since before my youngest was born, I had a painful vein in my right leg. Not horrible, but enough that I wore a stocking year round. Believe me–trying to figure out how to wear a stocking in the heat of summer isn’t fun.
I would take it off occasionally for a few hours or a half-day if I really felt I needed to for an event, but the pain in my leg would appear pretty quickly.
About 3 weeks ago, I decided to take my stocking off.
It hasn’t been back on since.
I’ve had about 2-3 slight tinges of pain during that time, but nothing more. And I stand a lot at my computer and in the home doing–you know–home stuff.
Are we completely better? No. We still have a ways to go. More on that later.
But where we are today is much better than where we were.
Our Guts Got Healthier
It happened at different times, and each person was a little different, but these are the basics:
1. Probiotics (Check out The “Straight Poop” about Probiotics for more information.
2. Digestive enzymes (my son and I took these).
3. HCl (hydrochloric acid — stomach acid). See how stomach acid helped my skin in Just a Red Face–or Something More?
4. Diet change – We removed almost all sugars and high-glycemic foods from our diet, and almost all refined foods, with the exception of an occasional sample at Costco or something at a potluck or gathering–and even then we are super careful–and we don’t shop that often :)!) We also really limit grains for my son and me.
5. Detox work. Read Could You Have Heavy Metal Poisoning and Not Know It? for starters. I hope to share more soon.
So–what do these all have in common?
Gut Health Is Crucial to Life
All of the changes we made are related to the gut. Even the detox, because toxins affect your whole person. I shared some of this in 5 Causes of Gut Dysbiosis.
Going back over the list of our healing accomplishments, I am just amazed.
I still have bad days (I have adrenal fatigue), but the good days are getting more frequent and the bad days aren’t as bad as they used to be. Some day I hope to share more of my path with adrenal fatigue with you. For now, you can read Just Tired, or Something More? Take This Quick Test.
Anyway, I am more and more convinced that gut health is crucial to life and good health.
How Crucial is Gut Health?
If any of you joined in on the probiotics teleseminar, you heard a lot of claims about how important gut health is:
- most of our immune system resides in the gut
- almost all disease originates in the gut
- our digestive systems have been wrecked by toxins, poor diet, antibiotics, and stress
If my family’s experiences aren’t enough for you, consider this:
1. In Minnesota, there is a nurse who works on healing folks from systemic candida. She says that she can stop mild MS (Multiple Sclerosis) in its tracks by working on digestive health.
2. Remember the H1N1 flu scare? It was folks with underlying health conditions who were the ones most likely to suffer greatly and die.
3. Two friends of ours contracted West Nile Virus this past year. One weathered the illness moderately well. The other already had digestive disease and almost lost his life to the virus.
Yes, gut health is a big deal.
- Build up your gut and you build up your immune system.
- Build up your immune system and you are less likely to get sick and more likely to weather challenges to your body.
(Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for the Heal Your Gut Course. If you purchase through my link, I will get a commission. Thank you for your support of my blog.)
This is why I feel so compelled to share the Heal Your Gut course with you all again.
I recommended it to you the first time it was offered earlier this year, and a number of you signed up.
Well, it’s back and I am basically imploring you to:
- think about how important this matter of gut health is to your life–and that of your loved ones
- look at all that you can gain in this course for a relatively small amount of money, and
- come participate in the course with me to take your health to the next level. (I was just swamped the last time the course was held and I need to go through the material again. This time with my whole family to take us all to the next level in our healing.)
Heal Your Gut Course Contents
The course starts March 5, 2014 and will be taught by Lydia Shatney–you can read more about Lydia here. You’ll be able to download everything–all lessons, handouts, and outlines–to review when it’s convenient and save for future reference. No need to shuffle your schedule to attend!
Lesson 1: Digestion 101. How it works, how it can dysfunction. Proper nutrition and diet for optimal digestive health. We’ll do an exercise with information and guidance on the best place to start healing your digestion, and we’ll discuss stress and digestion – (Yikes!)
Lesson 2: Elimination, Bowel Movements, Constipation, and Diarrhea. How often should bowels move? What constitutes a healthy bowel movement? Learn how to test bowel transit time and constipation or diarrhea.
Lessons 3 & 4: Absorption. If you can’t digest and absorb your food, it doesn’t matter how healthy you eat–you won’t gain what you hope! Learn to determine if you are digesting your foods properly, discuss fat digestion, determine if you are absorbing fats adequately, and get suggestions for digestive support.
Lessons 5 & 6: Food Sensitivities, Intolerances, and Allergies. How to do an elimination diet and feel great in a short amount of time — how to reintroduce foods systematically to find which may be problematic and which are helpful to your body.
Lessons 7 & 8: A talk with Certified GAPS Practitioner on the fundamentals of the Gut & Psychology Syndrome protocol. Plus a Q&A session to go deeper into some common concerns and questions about implementing the GAPS diet.
Lesson 9: Fermented/Cultured Foods. We’ll discuss the extraordinary health benefits of properly fermented foods with a guest expert.
Lesson 10: Probiotics. Their role, different types, and how to best obtain them from supplements.
Lesson 11: Supplemental support for Elimination diets and healing leaky gut.
Lesson 12: The role of magnesium in digestive health.
Lesson 13: How to integrate course material into your life.
Lesson 14: Holistic treatment options for candida
Plus bonus talks, TBD.
For all the course details, click here. It’s a ton of information, eh? See why I think it’s a great deal?!
Need More Convincing? Here Are More Reasons to Join Me:
1. The information in this course is super-extensive. Just the information in one lesson alone is amazing.
2. Having all of this information in one place will keep you from spending hours on the internet doing searches that likely won’t get you to a solid conclusion. Lydia’s done the work for you and has digested (pun intended) all the information into an easy-to-understand format.
3. Save Money over an “in person” conference. No need to travel, get a sitter, or pay for a hotel. Just do the lessons when you can.
4. Comfort. Learn in your PJ’s, sweats. Or whatever suits you. No need to dress up –just learn in the comfort of your own home!
5. Continued learning in the Private Facebook Forum where Lydia personally answers your questions. What a resource!
6. The course has GREAT reviews. Click here and then click on the Testimonials tag to see what previous course participants have to say.
What a value!
If you tried to get this same information outside of this course, you’d likely only get:
- 3-4 15-minute specialist physician visits (if your copay is what mine is), or
- 1-2 visits with a natural physician.
Believe me, this is worth it. (And I’m really
cheap er frugal. I don’t recommend things unless I really think they are worth it.)
I have a love/hate relationship with technology, but I have to say, this kind online learning option is one of the big plusses of the tech age.
So how about it? Are you game?
Want to come and learn in your PJ’s with me?
The price for all of this? $249. But you can get it for $199 through Monday.
It sounds like a lot up front, but you are going to be armed with some tools to improve not just your health, but your whole family’s health.
For a lifetime.
Register for the online course here and you can get more details there as well.
I sure hope you will join me.
For better gut health.
And a better life.
What do you think? Ready to join me for deep healing?
Top Image Credit: http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/