Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays!
A week of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family.
As I mentioned, this past week, there is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
Readers’ Favorites from Last Week (with my substitution suggestions)!
Grain Free Sandwich Bread by Against All Grain
I am pretty sure this wouldn’t work well, but I would use my Homemade Egg Replacer for the eggs and would whip up the
“whites” portion as much as I could. Looks like it’s worth a try!
Maybe we’ll have Grain Free Flat Bread !
Root Beer Cupcakes from The Rice of Life
This one’s a toughy.
I’d sub in the Homemade Egg Replacer, another sweetener like xylitol or erythritol plus stevia extract
and for the root beer?? Uh, sparkling water and some root beer flavored liquid stevia drops!
And for the powdered sugar, I’d make my own Powdered Sugar Substitute.
And My Favorites ~
I just couldn’t help myself this week. The submissions were AMAZING!
So this week I chose 3!! And 2 of them are from fellow hostesses!
Grain Free Wheat Thin Crackers from The Veggie Nook
Use my liquid stevia (minus the vanilla) for the liquid drops!
Dairy Free Nacho Cheese Sauce from Tessa the Domestic Diva
I was just looking for a lower carb dairy free cheese sauce – YIPPEE!
and Chocolate Caramel Chews (dairy, grain and sugar free!) from A Tasty Alternative
Nothing to sub here, but I might try vegetable glycerine since yacon is a fortune!
Well….so I hope that gets you going with some great ideas to serve your family well!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer here.