Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays!
A week of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family.
As I mentioned, this past week, there is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Grain Free Granola Bars from Seasonal Family
We’re not eating much dried fruits these days, so I might try some without and/or try my sugar free cranberries !
And I might add a few of my Homemade Chocolate Chips, of course. Yum!!
and finally, from another Allergy Free Wednesday hostess, these delectable
Chocolate Tarts from The Tasty Alternative
I would have to substitute a different nut due to allergies, and might have to find a date substitute, but I am so willing to try!
Occasionally I will splurge and try something this beautiful!
and Readers’ Favorites
Chocolate Coconut Bites from Good Girl Gone Green
Sub in whatever nuts you can have. I’d be subbing the dates. But these look great! You all have great taste!
Peanut Butter Popcorn Cupcakes by Yummy Inspirations
I think I’d try these with all popcorn, a homemade sugar free syrup, and another nut.
Sigh. Lots of subs here. But my Nut Buttery Popcorn with added nuts in a fun shape might just work!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!