Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Peanut Butter Mousse from Sweetly Raw
This looks fabulous. No peanut butter for this lady’s son, but any butter would work. Make sure you check out making Homemade Nut or Seed Butter – it’s a breeze! And use my Easy Coconut Milk and candida-friendly sweetener if need be. And I am so going to have to buy Irish Moss soon. Interesting!
Cauliflower, Carrot, and Kale Grain-Free Pizza Crust from Fresh 4 Five
This calls for egg whites so it might be a complete “no go” for us since my oldest is so allergic, but I love the concept and am going to do my best to make it work with my Powdered Egg Replacer or flax gel….or something :-)!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Carrot Scones from Poor and Gluten-Free
Love this! I would use a candida-friendly sweetener and likely carob instead. And I’d try to eliminate the starch since it’s not the best for those of us with leaky gut. But these are a must try!
and Readers’ Favorite
Grain-Free Birthday Cake from Thank Your Body
I really hope to try these. I hope they will work with my Powdered Egg Replacer. I just read you can even make yeast bread without sugar – just with a longer rising time. Very excited!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!