Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
Welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW)–a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions are shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday? Anything that is fitting for an allergy free diet in some way (we’re not that strict). For the complete rules, click here. Here goes – starting off with my favorites–and you should check out the other hostesses’ posts to see if you were featured there!
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
No Bake Mini Coconut Tarts from Livin’ the Country Life
As you can see from my other feature below, I have a thing for cheesecakey type desserts. And since it’s summer, I have a thing for not baking :)! I would try to not use the dates in the crust of these little beauties (check out Candida – The Beginning of My Sugar Free Life to find out why) and I would use a candida-diet-friendly sweetener and my Easiest Coconut Milk.
Grain Free Quesadillas with Eggplant “Tortillas” from Oatmeal with a Fork
We are reconsidering going grain-free for our son—so this would be a great option for us (seeing as I just bought a bunch of organic corn tortillas. And I do mean a bunch! :)!)
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bars from Practical Stewardship
Ummmm…. I saw these earlier this week and bookmarked them right away! I LOVE cheesecake flavor and lime as well.
and Readers’ Favorite
Gluten and Dairy-Free Hamburger Buns from Allergy-Free Alaska
Megan does such a beautiful job with her recipes. These buns are no exception.
Not sure if my Powdered Egg Replacer would work or not, but it’s worth a shot!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!